Hearing wind noises in my Rivian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedWORKS

Reaction score
Anyone else hearing strange wind noises coming from the driver's side of their vehicle? At first, I suspected it was the side mirror, but I ruled that out. The noise is only audible when I'm in the driver's seat; nothing on the passenger side or back. I checked the door strips, and they appear to be fine, so I'm at a loss.

I'm also hearing the same noise from the driver's side pillar of my R1T. This sounds like a common problem. I've seen other owners talk about it online. Has anyone found a solution for this??

Maybe a quick visit with your local dealership will solve the issue. It is unusual to hear the sound of the wind if the windows are closed. There must be a small opening from which these sounds came from.

Any updates?

I found some air gaps along the beltline of both the front and rear windows on each side. These gaps could be the source of the wind noise.

I think I found the issue. The noise seems to be coming from the main window seal. When I pressed on the seal, the noise lessened. Give it a try if we have the same observation.

How long have you had your R1T, and when did the noise start?

I've been having the same problem. I just picked up my R1T and noticed the wind noise right away. It seems to be coming from the top of the A-pillar. I'm wondering if it's a trim piece issue that needs to be replaced. I took my truck in for service a few weeks ago, and they just said it was normal.

It's starting to feel like Rivian is just trying to see what they can get away with. A lot of people have been complaining about wind noise, the tonneau cover, the front end thunk, the unreliable phone key, and missing all-weather floor mats. It's like they're just ignoring these issues.

I actually found a temporary fix for the wind noise by putting tape over the gap between the A-pillar and the windshield. I'm going to take my truck back in for service again and see if they can fix it properly this time.

Join the Rivian R1T Community

Support, tutorials, and a friendly community

Back